THE JOSEY BAKER MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
One scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $1,000 for the 2017-2018 school year. Applications are due by April 15, 2017.
- Must be a current resident or graduate of a high school in one of the following counties in Northeast Tennessee (Carter, Greene, Hancock, Hawkins, Johnson, Sullivan, Unicoi and Washington) or Southwest Virginia (Scott and Washington).
- Preference will be given to applicants pursuing a degree in an Agriculture or Construction-related major.
- Open to current high school seniors through college juniors. (In other words applicant will be a college freshman through senior in Fall 2017.)
- Preference will be given to students based on:
- Leadership Activities
- Academics (Minimum current GPA of 3.0)
- Community Involvement
- Financial Need
- Preference may be given to students seeking post-secondary education in Tennessee or Virginia.
- A presentation of the scholarship may be made at the discretion of the scholarship committee.
- The application must be postmarked by April 15, 2017.
Questions pertaining to this scholarship may be sent via email to email@example.com.
These are recommended guidelines. The Josey Baker Memorial Scholarship committee will determine the final selection of the recipient. You may only receive the scholarship one time.
Choose how to apply:
To apply, either fill out the form online or print out and use a PDF application.
The online form can’t be saved and resumed later. Please set aside 30 minutes to complete the entire application.
The application includes a 500-word essay — please write this in Word and attach the file where noted on the form.
Mail completed and typed paper applications to:
Attn: Josey Baker Memorial Scholarship
1101 New Beason Well Road
Kingsport, TN 37660.